Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Hey Everyone,
Sorry we didn't get much of a chance to email yesterday. It was May long weekend so everything was closed. Ha ha Canada takes a day off for everything. I think the occasion this time was Queen Victoria's birthday. Anyway, we had a great week this week. We were able to spend 3 days down in Edmonton, which was pretty hard on our area's progress. We had a great time. We were on exchanges with some missionaries down there and had some pretty incredible experiences. I was with Elder Edgel and we were able to teach one of the most spiritual lessons of my life. We taught a girl named Ashlene who had called the mission office and requested missionaries to come visit. We met her at the church, gave her a quick tour, and then just started getting to know her. Immediately I just felt connected to her and really could tell that she was searching for something. Maybe the fact that she said those exact words about 10 times gave it away, but I’m not sure. We were able to teach her briefly about the book of Mormon, but mostly we just were describing our role as missionaries and talking about how central Christ is to out teachings. Towards the end of the lesson we asked, "So...how are you feeling about all of this?" She looked at us both, smiled, and then just turned on the water works. Neither Elder Edgel nor I quite knew what to say. A few moments later she stated that she was completely overwhelmed and that she hadn't experienced this kind of clarity in such a long time. I don't really know how to describe it besides I felt pretty happy knowing that we had done some good. Leaving the lesson felt like getting to the campsite on the Wind Rivers hike. You take your pack off and you just feel like you can fly. It was a pretty neat experience.

We also had mission tour this week. We had elder William R. Walker of the 1st quorum of the 70 come. He is the head of the temple department. He basically talked about all the blessings that come from missionary service. It couldn't have come at a better time. I have been thinking about how I can keep up these good habits, and I feel like I got some good ideas. It was a great week. Thanks for everything. I love you all a lot and can't wait to see you. Tell Eric hello for me!

-Elder Brown





1 comment:

  1. Love these letters and the chance to read them over and over because of this great blog your mom made for you! It will be precious to keep! Found a great pic of little Mitch 1996 with the caption on the back "I want to be a missionary, too!" I don't know what the occasion was but one of the girls found it among their pics and confessed they'd stolen it from me a long time ago!

    ReplyDelete