Monday, April 30, 2012


Hello Everyone!

We had a pretty stinking slow week this week, but it came with good success and good news. We found out this morning that Elder Taylor and I will be spending my last transfer together here in GP. I couldn't be happier! It will be good to dig in for these last few weeks and really just see how much I can get going for the next Elder to take my spot. I'm hoping that I can get this area going for him. We are just wrapping up the ward's 40 day fast for missionary work, and it has been a really cool experience to feel the prayers and fasting power from the ward. I can't say that I felt it every day, but I have felt a stronger determination to be better. In my mind what I’ve learned is Heavenly Father doesn't always bless us the same way as before, but just that he always DOES bless us. Ha ha took me a long time to figure that one out.

On a side note, I had an interesting discovery in the Book of Mormon this week. I was reading a few of my favorite chapters in the 40-ish area in Alma and read something pretty neat. Alma 40:20, "Now, my son, I do not say that their resurrection cometh at the resurrection of Christ; but behold, I give it as my opinion, that the souls and the bodies are reunited, of the righteous, at the resurrection of Christ, and his aascension into heaven." I think the part where he says he gives it as his opinion was pretty cool. I am sure that that doesn't sound as awesome to anyone else. I guess to me it just gave Alma such more of a real voice to me. He has been someone that I have thought a lot about during the course of my mission and have tried to emulate. To read that, and to really feel that he was a real person, and had just worked hard and learned so much was incredible. It was really inspiring to me. It also just showed me again, that a verse with relatively small doctrinal significance in comparison to the rest of the chapter, can just be HUGE when you're studying and reading/praying to find truth. It was a neat experience.

So as far as the work this week, like I said, it was slow. Donald's baptism is going to be pushed back a week so that he can have his family come. We were more than okay with pushing it back a week to have an extra 5-7 non-members attending the service. Done deal! We are continuing to work with him towards that date. He is just getting over his coffee habit. He was able to go down to Edmonton with some members of the ward for the ward temple trip. He wanted to go see what it was that all the members were willing to drive 5 hours for. I hope that it had a good impact on him. I really shouldn't be worried though. You can pretty much bank that the temple will come through for you ha ha.

Elder Taylor and I have been trying some new things in the area. We decided that we needed to just go through and clean out the area book and get rid of people who we'll never contact and talk to everyone we can. We spent about an hour calling one night and have 2 lessons set up with potential investigators that we're really excited for. I can't wait to see what happens.

Besides all that, I don't really have much else to say. Elder Taylor and I have been running and I’m really on a fitness kick right now. I really just haven't had the motivation to do it until now. It is great! We take about a half hour jog every day and spend some time whenever we get a minute just lifting some weights. I've dropped 3 pounds this week so far. I am hoping to come home right around 200 pounds. I think I’ll be able to do it.

Well I sure love you all a lot, and can't wait to see you soon. As for now, I love this work. I can't seem to get enough of those moments where I just feel the spirit testify and nudge me along. It feels like I’m just living for those moments now. It is great. Thanks for all each of you do. Have a great week!

-Elder Brown




No comments:

Post a Comment