Monday, March 5, 2012

Hey Mom and Dad, your trip sounds so crazy! I wish i could come on a trip with you when i got home. If you need to go on a trip soon after i get home, you should go! It is no big deal to leave me here home alone for a little bit. I'll just hopefully be working a ton anyway. I was also hoping to get back up here the first week of August for Heritage Days and to see Elder Warner before he goes home. That would be ideal, but if it can't happen i won't be terribly heart broken. I guess we will see when the time comes.


Hey everyone else now,

So as for this week, we had a pretty good one. We were able to see Dan and Cheri and set a baptismal date for March 24th. So that makes 3 baptismal dates in our area, and 3 more throughout the zone. That is the most the stake has had in over a year. I can't even tell you how happy it makes me to know that the Lord is approving of our labors and really blessing us. That being said, we still have a long way to go and struggles to overcome as we get more motivated and keep working to become better teachers, finders, fellowshippers, friends, and ultimately just more Christ-like. I really am happy with the way the zone is headed. We have zone conference this Friday and elder Larson and i are giving a training on a talk called An Educated Conscience. It just talks about how the steps to ensure more constant promptings from the holy ghost are: treasuring up the words of life, praying for guidance to know what God would have you do, promising God to do it, and then follow through and account to God daily on your progress. I have been doing this the last few months and i have felt my heart and my desire totally change. I can't believe how such a simple thing has made the most difference in my service. Why didn't i think of that sooner? ha ha. I am glad i have the chance now to improve and purify myself and then just dig in and work the last few months.

We also had ZLC this week and we had lots of really good trainings. We did get to go see the Demetrioff's and elder Warner. It was good to see all of them again. That is pretty much it for this week. I love you all,

-Elder Brown

ps. there is an elder in our zone who has never recieved a letter on his mission thus far. He is almost a year out and has relatively no home support. I was just wondering if anyone within the influence of whoever this email reaches might know someone around our age who would just want a pen pal. The goal isn't to set him up with a girlfriend, just someone to write and to talk about his mission with. If yes, let me know. If not, no big deal, we'll figure it out. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment