Monday, March 19, 2012

Hey everyone,

Things are going pretty well up here right now. We had a great attendance at church this week. I know I’m kind of jumping to the end of the story, but it was good.

So, some of the big stuff that happened this week happened this morning. Elder Larson and I got a transfer call and he'll be leaving to go to a town called Edson which is SW of Edmonton. I'll be getting elder Taylor from Tremonton. He is a phenomenal football and basketball player so hopefully he'll teach me some moves and help me get in better shape. I am excited and think that he will fit in really well into the dynamic of the ward and I think the work will roll on without interruption. I am really looking forward to it. I will miss elder Larson though. 

We had good lessons with Katie and Donald this week. Donald has been looking for work since we've been meeting with him and he finally found 2 jobs this week. He had to pick between a job that would keep him from coming to church but paid quite a bit more and he said that he wanted to take the other one so he could still come. It was a really cool thing to see how much real intent that he has. He is a good man. We also we able to meet with Kristen again this week!!! We haven't seen her in about 6 weeks, and we finally got to see her! Regrettably her lesson didn't go as we were hoping. We thought that because she was having such a tough time, we would show Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration and show her that trials are meant to make us stronger and hopefully give her some encouragement. She watched the whole hour long movie stone faced and didn't really have any reaction to the movie besides, "that was intense. I don't really watch violence." Ha ha neither E. Larson or I quite knew what to say. We're hoping to meet with her again soon and gain some more insight into what we can do for her. I guess we'll see.

That is about it for this week. I'll tell you all about my new comp next week. I love you all and can't wait to see you all soon. Be good!

-Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment