Monday, February 6, 2012

Hello Everyone,

We dodged the bullet this transfer! Elder Larson and I didn't get a transfer call this morning which means we'll be together another 6 weeks. We are both excited and looking forward to seeing the ward pick up again. We did have some good lessons this week. We met with Kristen and began teaching the plan of Salvation and it was a really good lesson. Elder Frazier, who if you remember was my district leader in Forest Heights, was here on exchanges and taught her with me. It was really neat to teach with him again, and see what things he's been learning and improving on and to show him I’m not the same lame missionary I was just a little while ago. I'm still pretty lame, just not that lame. Anyway, we thought it was a successful and uplifting lesson, but at the end she said that she wanted to take a break for a little while. We were pretty disheartened, but we were told about our Stake President's experience. He is a convert and told us that when he finally found his answer he was freaked out and kind of abandoned the church and the missionaries for a while. He put off talking to them for a while, then finally got back in contact and told the missionaries then was baptized. We're hoping Kristen is going through the same process. We've been told by quite a few members and missionaries that that reaction is pretty common. We still have hope and faith that she will be baptized here.

A member of the bishopric talked in church yesterday and was saying that the ward hadn't had a baptism for more than a year and they wanted to baptize again. At one point Grande Prairie was one of the highest baptizing/teaching cities in the mission. We feel like we can be again, and the members have been really supportive and are doing all they can to work with people. I am glad that I’ll still have Elder Larson here to introduce me to the people I still haven't met and help me to know who the families are working with. It is a ton to remember.

We were also able to see Katie and Ryan this week. They came to church and all of them got hair cuts and looked all spiffed up and it was good to see them continuing to learn, grow, and progress in the gospel. It is pretty awesome to see how true the scripture in the end of Jacob 5, is which talks about the last time they go into the vineyard. As we work this one last time, we'll find more joy and happiness in the fruit that we gather in and harvest.

I guess that is about it for the week. We haven't been able to meet with Wyatt Hommy, and we haven't found anyone new this week. We are hoping that a few of our potentials will come through this week. I called back to sturgeon a few nights ago and found out 2 people I was teaching there have baptismal dates now. We are hopeful and confident we can have someone on date here soon. I haven't seen it yet, but I sure want to. I love you all so much, and am grateful to have such a good family and group of friends. You make it all worth it.

-Elder M. Brown


No comments:

Post a Comment