Tuesday, January 3, 2012

NEW AREA

Hey everyone,
Well since I last spoke to you all, I made the long 5 hour journey from St. Albert to Grande Prairie.  If you can't find it on a map, it is north west of the city. FAR northwest ha ha. It is a town of about 50,000 I think, so we have plenty of work to do. At one point, when I was first out on my mission it was the highest teaching/baptizing area in the mission. I still feel like it has that potential and as such, it will be our job to get it there.
 
Elder Larson, my companion, and I were in the MTC together. We are really getting along great and are anxious to see miracles here that have been waiting to happen. I only have about 5 minutes left on my computer time so I just will mention a few and hopefully have more time to write about them next week. First miracle was Friday night late and one of our final stops before going home was to see two potentials, husband and wife, Joe and Emily. Previously the missionaries had let the relationship get super casual and the potentials knew the Elders by their first names ha ha. Kinda weird. We invited them to take the lessons and they accepted. We taught Lesson 1 and challenged them to be baptized on the spot. They both accepted. We'll set a date next time hopefully.
 
Second Miracle, we were at a Philipino lady's house in our ward for dinner on Monday. She told us at church the day before that her son's girlfriend, a non-member, would be there and also a less active here on a work visa. Both were there and we taught everyone in the room, including her less-active son Lesson One. We invited the girlfriend, Cecelia, to be baptized and she accepted too. We are so so so excited to see what this week brings.

I am out of time and we need to get back to work. I love you all so much, and cant wait to hear from you. Be good!

-Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment