Monday, January 30, 2012

Hello everyone,

So this week was literally teeming with crazy experiences that I’ve never been through on my mission. The adversary is throwing out ALL the tricks he's got since we've been trying harder. To begin this week we had a lesson with Kristen. The only thing I can really compare it to is a spiritual UFC match that all the two opponents did was ground and pound. NO flashiness or exciting things, just a totally intense and exhausting 2 hours of trying our hardest to listen to what she was saying and teach from the Book of Mormon accordingly. I have never been so exhausted in my life. The spirit is draining. The Sisters that we have been bringing with us have loved coming and said we did a good job. I hope they are right. After the lesson we walked her out to her car and she said, "Well if you can believe it, now I’m heading off to see my pastor! Lots of gospel today!" Elder Larson and I both felt our hearts drop as we heard that and watched her drive away.
I can't believe how hard this is! I don't think I have been tried so much as I have been here. I still have LOTS to learn, and Elder Larson has been great for me in helping me set meaningful goals of what things I want to improve on. Recently I have been doing a vertical leap program, memorizing stories as written in the Book of Mormon, memorizing the Living Christ, finishing the Book of Mormon in 100 days, and am going to be starting the Doctrine and Covenants this week. I need to also finish the New Testament before I come home. LOTS TO DO!!! In that sense I do feel a little overwhelmed.
On to event number two. After our lesson with Kristen, the Assistants were coming up and Elder Wild and I were going to be heading out to Goodfare to teach Wyatt. Well we got a call right after the lesson and the mom of the less active family told us that they didn't exactly know where Wyatt was. They got a call from the GP police department around 2:00 AM and they were told that he was found passed out behind the wheel of his truck that had crashed into a ditch. Great. He is 16 and got a DUI. I was shocked. Anyway, she told us that he could still be in the holding cell and he wouldn't be released until he could be claimed by an adult. Elder Larson and I went there, bailed him out and then just talked to him for a bit. He said that he realized how dumb he had been and we told him that we would need to teach the Word of Wisdom pretty quickly. He promised that he would still be in church on Sunday, but didn't end up showing. He is now living in GP with his Aunt which is great, but there is a catch. His Aunt really doesn't like the church, and doesn't want him meeting with us. We were pretty concerned.
Anyway, this week was nuts. I can't believe how crazy it has been. Transfers are coming up this week, and I’m hoping that Elder Larson will stay for another one here with me, and then I’ll just have one more companion after this. This Thursday I hit my 20 month mark. I seriously can't believe how quickly time is passing. It seems like there is nothing I can do to slow it down. I love the work, and I’m loving life. I love all of you so so so much,

-Elder Brown


No comments:

Post a Comment