Monday, October 10, 2011

New Companion

Hello All,

Things are so good. Elder Warner is here and I couldn't be happier. We might not be teaching a lot, but we're working hard and smart. I haven't felt like I was fulfilling my purpose like this in a long long time. I am starting to be convinced that maybe the Lord knew I needed this. I really was starting to feel some discouragement the last couple weeks and almost immediately as transfers happened, all the weight in the world disappeared and we went to work. How sweet is that?

So we were able to teach a new investigator this week. She is a girl from the Alliance church who is usually quite hostile to us missionaries. Well she's not, but the church tends to be. Anyway, she stopped us on the street and wanted to meet, so naturally we obliged. We met at the church and she just had all the perfect questions! Here are a few examples of the many awesome questions she had: ``so in your eyes, is my baptism valid to God?" or "Why do you have the book of Mormon, does it even have a purpose?" or my personal favorite, "why are we baptized, I just don't really understand the doctrine behind it." We committed her to read and pray and she said she would. Regrettably her boyfriend sounds kinda anti and was giving her grief just for coming and meeting with us. Oh well, if the Lord wants her now, he'll make it happen. Anyway, so things are good here.

I don't have tons to write this week.

One exciting thing is that another set of elders just got added to our district, so we'll now have 6. I hope that I’m up to the challenge! It should be a good opportunity to really seek for inspiration for district meetings, and I hope that the district can continue to be super unified. I think that is about it for the week. I love you all and hope you're having a great Canadian Thanksgiving!

-Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment