Tuesday, August 2, 2011

More Changes

Well Hello Everyone,
This week has been pretty awesome. We have had some fun, and did lots of member work. This weekend in Edmonton was the annual Heritage Days Festival which is a 3-day long festival where countries of the world set up tents and cook traditional food, play music, do dances, and sell stuff from that country. I guess I didn't realize just how many cultures are here in Edmonton area. There were more that 50 countries represented, and all of them were super unique and cool. All the missionaries in Edmonton and surrounding areas got to go on Saturday and Monday to help collect money and food donations for the Edmonton Food Bank. It was very interesting going up and talking to people and not referencing Christ once. We did get some pretty funny looks and questions asked to us though. My favorite was, "Did Jesus make you wear that tie, boy?" I just laughed and said, "Well....yeah, I guess." The man who asked looked very pleased with himself and went on his way. It was pretty neat. So for both days we were there for about 6 hours and we got an hour break to go look around and try the food. I had some AWESOME food from Ecuador. Nice and greasy. I had to go to the Danish and Welsh tents and check out what my heritage is really like. They had some cool stuff. Elder Frimpong, the Elder from London in my district, and I had a lot of fun checking that stuff out. He was telling me that Wales is kinda dirty. Anyway, the festival was very very very fun.

We didn't get to meet with any investigators this week. Due to the car situation, we haven't been able to figure out any way to get around.. President Campbell called us today with the solution that kinda woke us up. He said that by the end of tomorrow we needed to change companions with Belmead. My new companion will be Elder Wilkerson, and i will be staying in St. Albert. E. Carson will be going to Belmead with Elder Lane. I can't believe how fast that happened!!! I don't know whether to be happy or sad about it. I guess all i can do is be excited for the opportunity. Anyway, it will be great.

That is pretty much it for the week. I hope all is well back in the great state of Utah. I met a family at the heritage festival that was from Salt Lake. I picked them out cause all their boys were wearing Jazz jerseys. I knew that they were a good family immediately. I sure love you all. Thanks for all the love and support.
-Elder M. Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment