Monday, July 11, 2011

An Exciting Baptism

Hello everyone,
What a great week!!! We had James' baptism this week and it was such an amazing experience. I guess to start off the week from the beginning we got rain, rain, and tons more rain....again! It has been tons of rain for the last few weeks. Oh well, I guess that just makes everything more beautiful and green. As for contacting and tracting, it kinda kills it. So we didn't get to do a lot of finding this week.
We got to meet with Terry Fedorak 3 times! He invited us over for dinner to meet his girlfriend Kim who is very nice. She isn't too interested in learning too much, but is willing to listen and will smile and nod as we teach Terry. She is a cool lady.
We got to meet up with James a few times, and he passed his interview Friday morning with flying colors according to our Zone Leaders. Elder Wilde baptized him and I confirmed him the following day. After he was baptized I asked him how he felt and through some pretty thick emotion, he just said, "fantastic." He doesn't understand the language very well, but he does understand the simplicity of the gospel. I really realized how simple it all is this week, and all we have to do is pretty straight forward. It was great to see him baptized. The confirmation on Sunday went great as well. He said that he felt completely alive and refreshed, which was pretty cool.
We got our transfer calls this morning and I will still be staying here in St. Albert, and I don't know who my new companion is yet. All I know is that he is a brand new missionary, right off the plane. I'm so excited!! I'm really looking forward to working with a new missionary. Our district is now composed of me, Elder Comier (21 months out), Elder Frimpong (6 weeks out), and my new companion. Should be a blast!
Anyway, we spent the morning at West Edmonton Mall. That thing is gargantuan! It just goes on and on and on. I swear I passed the same place like 3 times, then I realized it is so big that stores are repeated. It is like walking from one mall into another. Anyway, we didn't buy much of anything, but that was cool to see. I'd like to go back there if we get the chance to come back up after my mission. Other than that, not too much else to report on. Oh Terry did come to the baptism, and he seriously is dying to be baptized. We have to talk to him this week about getting married or moving out first. That'll be interesting. Wish me luck.

Love you all!
-Elder M. Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment