Tuesday, April 26, 2011

NEW COMPANION and SUCCESS IN SHERWOOD PARK

Hello everyone,This week has been great. Elder Griffiths is here and he is SWEET. I finally feel like i can stop worrying about companionship issues and just work with someone. It is such a peaceful feeling to finally have that again. I sure loved all my companions, but I had a lot of trouble just loving them for who they were. I guess that is something I can always work on. So we were able to meet with Alana this week, but regrettably neither of our other investigators.
Cameron Owens is still planning on being baptized on the 21st of May. What a wonderful birthday present?! We are still working with Alana and trying to set a date with her because we just found out that she will be moving out of her Grandparents home in the beginning of June. Our time is very limited. Luckily one of the requirements that stops most people is that they have to be to church at least three times before baptism. She has been there every Sunday but one since I arrived here in Sherwood Park two months ago. Hopefully it will happen!
As far as everything else goes, we walked for 3 hours yesterday so that we could do some finding on our way to our dinner appointment. I know that probably doesn't sound like a lot to the RM's in the family, but we are spoiled with cars so it was pretty hard. We covered a lot of ground and talked to tons of people so we were thrilled. Anyway I sure love everyone a lot. I can't wait to talk in just 2 weeks. We will be Skyping from one of the ward member's homes and we should be there right around one o'clock. That will give us enough time to get out of church, help deliver the mothers day presents, and then get the the Jaffray's. I can't wait to see everyone's face. Again, love you and have a good day.

-Elder M. Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment