Monday, April 11, 2011

Miracle After Miracle

Hey Everyone,


So we had some hints dropped on us that Elder Brideau is out of here. I suppose just after a few short weeks this area, that is EXPLODING is all up to me. Kind of scary. So I guess I’ll just have to start from the beginning of the week.

Tuesday afternoon I had to run to the dollar store so that I could buy some index cards so I can start memorizing scriptures rather than references. It is going very well by the way. I have almost all the BoM scripture mastery ones done. Anyway, we walked in and there are two members who work there. One of them is a ward missionary. They greeted us and we went to go find our stuff. So we were minding our own business when this lady comes up and looks at Elder Brideau and me and says..."aren't you a little dressed up for the occasion?" We laughed and explained who we were and what church we were with. She recognized that Cameron and another kid from the ward were from the same church as us and she told us all about how she had been talking to them and wanting to learn more for the last 3 weeks. Those boys have been doing work!!

Anyway, we had an appointment to teach her on Sunday after church. She regrettably cancelled but we have another appointment with her. Tuesday afternoon we met with Alana and actually had a good lesson. We talked about prayer and why a relationship with God is so important. We left her a few DVD's and hopefully she'll watch them. Anyway, it was just her Grandfather and us there. It went very well.

After that lesson we did some tracting and we ran into a couple named Ian & Janine. We went back to see them after church on Sunday and they're a little out there. We couldn't get them to understand Christ and his role, because he just kept reverting back to this "positive energy spirit." We tried to relate it to the spirit, but it just wasn't working out. Anyways, we'll keep working on it!

We saw Erica this week and she secured the spot as one of the most amazing ladies I have ever met. She told us that she, since she has been meeting with us, has been getting a lot of flak from her family out in Eastern Canada. She told us that they have been throwing all kinds of anti at her but she has come right back at them with doctrine. She does her homework and she said, "It pays off." I'm so impressed with her commitment and her willingness to work for this. She still hasn't come to church, but said that her husband’s heart is softening quickly. Prayers are working, so please keep 'em coming.

To round out the week we went on exchanges on Saturday and I was with Elder Vawdrey from Highlands, Utah. We spent most of the day knocking on doors and we had a great experience. We knocked on a door that was surrounded by beer bottles and cigarette garbage and they guy who answered looked ticked. Elder Vawdrey and I started talking and he was about to send us away, at least that's what it looked like. I just blurted out something like, "Paul, I know that this can change and improve the quality of your life." A phrase similar to that is suggested in Preach My Gospel but I hadn't ever used it. I said it and we kept talking. We told him all about the Atonement and the Book of Mormon and he started to cry and thanked us for coming and talking to him. We asked him if there was anything we could do to help him and he said, "Just come back soon!" We have an appointment with him on Wednesday night.

This week really has been miracle after miracle. We have been so blessed in this area. I hope we can keep things going with the upcoming changes. I love you all and appreciate the support. Have a good week and I can't wait to talk to you. Be good, have fun.

-Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment