Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Shivering in Edmonton

Hello everyone!


How is everyone doing?! It is going very well here, and has turned of super cold the last few days. It has been about -7 to about -10 degrees C. for the last couple days!  We got to go to the temple this morning which was wonderful! We signed up for the 8:00 session but we got stuck in busy Edmonton traffic and didn't quite get there on time. Because it is such a tiny temple there wasn't too much else that we could do. Thankfully they had a few extra temple workers show up and we got to do some initiatories. It was wonderful to be in the temple even though we didn't get a real session in.

We met with the Beisel boys this week and had an awesome lesson. They ask tons of questions and were really wanting to come to church. Jared had to work so he couldn't come. We didn't get to do a whole lot of finding this week because there was a leadership meeting for all the district leaders. It was kind of a pain because our whole district needed to be shuttled around all day every day. We turned from missionaries into a taxi service. Being around so many other missionaries is very very difficult for me because I was so used to only being around my companion and being able to work without being interrupted. I guess that is just another thing that I will have to get used to.

We didn't find any other investigators this week which was unfortunate. Work here in the Forest Heights ward is very very slow for the time being but I am hoping to get us out there in the cold a lot more and get to work. I hope that the big guy will bless us for knocking doors in -20. Besides all those negative things, I love being here in the city. It is a busy place with lots of people which is right where I wanted to be at the beginning. Talking to people and stopping them on the street is still a little uncomfortable, but gets easier and easier each day. I really am beginning to have a lot of fun and am finally used to seeing the black name tag on my white shirt every day. It is so fun to be able to have two years to spend on such a specific purpose. I love you all so much and miss you tons.
Have a wonderful week and I can't wait to hear from you all soon!

-Elder Mitch Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment