Monday, June 21, 2010

MITCH'S LAST LETTER BEFORE HE LEAVES THE MTC

Hello Everyone!


This is the last time that you'll hear from me in Provo. It seems like just yesterday that I came to the MTC to start this mission, but at the same time it seems like I have been here for years. It has been one of the best experiences of my life. The sisters in my district left this morning and they were super sad, we felt bad cause none of us were crying or anything. Oh well...us elders are the toughest guys around I suppose.

This week went by with some pretty eventful stuff. Everyone in my district, myself included, has had some cold like symptoms but we got cured with some very strategically planned naps. We sang a number in sacrament meeting as a district which is totally not something I would ever do, so mom...you were right. I did have to sing on my mission, but I am loving it. Our two teaching appointments went really well and we got one committment to baptism, even though it was just a mock lesson I was still so excited to hear her say yes.

I am super ready to get out of the MTC. My stomach can't take any more of this food. It is like eating McDonalds every meal and it isn't doing anything good for my gut. I have definately grown horizontally...not so much vertically yet.

The spiritual experiences are amazing here, but I think I can top that out in the field. I can't wait for tomorrow at 3 in the morning, cause that is when we get to take off for the airport.
I can't even describe to you how incredibly my testimony of the Savior has grown this week. I have been working my way through Jesus the Christ and loving every word. I have to read every word about ten times, but the work is good. I have no words to describe how greatful I am to know how much love He has for me and all of us. I know that it is the greatest gift any of us can be given, and that the Atonement is the only way we can truly be saved. I know that we must always remain active and work on our salvation. I know that there is no such thing as "I'm already saved." I have heard so many stories about that and I can't wait to help those people open their eyes a little. I know that I am not the smartest missionary, or the best teacher, but I can promise you that I will be the hardest worker. I love this work, and I love the feeling I get from this knowledge.

Give everyone my love and encourage them to write me a real letter cause iIonly get half an hour to write a week....so I can't read everyone's emails and write them back. So if you're reading this, I did read your emails and thank you SO MUCH for the support! It is such a great feeling to get letters. But if it is possible, handwritten letters are much much easier.

Thank you again and wish me luck tomorrow as I take off to the Great White North. I love you and can't wait to hear from you again.

Your favorite Missionary, Friend, Brother, Uncle, and Son

-Elder Mitch Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment