Monday, June 14, 2010

Mitch's 2nd letter from the MTC

Hello Everyone! Its email day!!


This week has been such a whirlwind. It seems like it was just yesterday that I was emailing you last week. We had the opportunity to teach two mock investigators this week and they couldn't have been any more opposite. The first lesson we taught went horribly and I seriously wondered what I was doing out here on a mission. The second one went better than I ever could have imagined and I can't wait to go back. We have our follow up appointments tomorrow, so wish me luck! One of our teachers, Brother Thorpe, saved us and gave us a ton of ideas on how we could recover and do better after our first horrible appointment. We had a pretty good day yesterday with taking the sacrament and priesthood, and finally the Sunday night devotional. My district and I are all doing very well even though there has been some serious drama, but most of it has been resolved. My companion, Elder Remer, and I are really getting to the point where the transitions between us in our lessons are getting very smooth and I can seriously feel the promptings of the Spirit to help me know what to say and when to say it. Although I know I have been prompted, I still don't know if I have ever "felt the spirit" like everyone talks about. But hopefully that will come with more preparation and study.

I have made HUGE master plans to all the 5 lessons and it is starting to fill up a whole binder already. We seriously have been writing non-stop since we got here. Two of the instructors to our district got to give us an example on how to teach a lesson. They were the most proficient missionaries I have ever seen. I can't wait til I'm about 22 and a half months out and can teach like that ha ha.

The food in the MTC is starting to get really really old, because it is pretty much the EXACT same as the food at SUU that i just ate all year. Speaking of SUU, tell the people on my facebook page to write me....cause nobody has! Life at the MTC is pretty routined out, and not much else besides sitting in class and the occasional hour of gym.

Well I hope the birthday party for the Bon's went well and I hope that someone gave her hugs from her Uncle Mitch'n. I can't even describe to you how much I miss hearing that name from those sweet kids. I miss them all and all my siblings so much. I miss you too Momma and Dad. I am lucky in the fact that I do miss you so much, but I really am not too homesick. I just can't wait to hear your voice when I get to call you from the airport!  We leave Tuesday June 22nd at 6 in the morning and arrive in Edmonton at noonish.
I love you all so much and I can honestly say I have never felt closer to any of you as I have been on this mission. I know I haven't been out long, but my testimony of our eternal family grows by the day. Clayton if you're reading this...you better be there too. I know that Christ provided the way to be with our Heavenly Father again. I know that we can be together forever and I cannot wait for that. I know that this is my calling and my place to be and I couldn't be loving it any more than I am. This work is my heart and my soul and I promise all of you that I am doing my best and not slacking off "as usual" ( that's for Dad's sake). I cannot wait to get to Canada.

I love you all and hope I get some letters from you soon. Be good, and like Mom always says, Remember what I stand for.

-Your favorite son, brother, uncle, and friend

Elder (mitch) Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment